Sunday, March 7, 2010

On this day...


...one year ago Lyla was a tiny embryo. I remember the weekend so well - I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat - I anticipated the next call from the lab with tears of joy and feelings of dread, all at once.

And, now here we are one year later. Our lives have been completely transformed. I wanted to write a brief update just to express that we are happy and that life is going well. Our home is a little dustier, phone calls are harder and harder to return and I'm not as organized as I used to be...but Lyla is the light of my days. I wake up and feel completely blessed with joy that I get to spend the entire day with her.

She is now 3 1/2 months, and I can't believe how quickly this year is flying by. She is a completely different baby than the one who was born back in November. She smiles at everything, is losing her hair, sleeps unreliably at night and has learned to love to nurse - yes, nursing was our first real challenge together and we made it through. I'm very proud of that.

It sounds cliche, but life is very, very good. At this point in my life's journey, I'm convinced that every tear, every fear and every horrible day of our infertility is now worth it. I hope there's a note of hope in that for anyone out there struggling with the agonizing desire to have a baby. I still read all of your blogs faithfully, and while I don't often have time to comment, I think of you all and pray regularly that a baby is on the horizon.

Lyla Q. is such an amazing miracle, and I feel so blessed to be her mommy.

20 comments:

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

What a cutie! Good to hear from you, and so glad that you're doing well.

Ashley said...

Isn't motherhood the most amazing reward ever? I'm so glad your dreams (and mine) came true. And like you, I still think of those who continue on their journey.

Thanks for checking in, girl. You look so happy, and Miss Lyla is beautiful!

twondra said...

That's so sweet. Thanks for sharing!!

Secret D said...

It's great to hear that things are going well. Thank you for this post, it gives me hope.

Liz said...

What a difference a year makes!

Mo said...

Beaming ear to ear seeing lyla's pic. so so precious. you are truly lucky. enjoy every scrumptious minute of her.

Mo

Courtney said...

She is SO cute! OMG! Just precious!

Glad to hear you are doing well! Would love to see more pics!

Emily said...

YAY! What a special day! What a difference a year makes. She is GORGEOUS!

Casey said...

now you have a special creature there. now can try reading Women's Health magazine to get some guide

Priya Rao said...

?Happy New Year

3d ultrasound said...

How amazing – that is really really cool. You by the way are looking spectacular! Pregnancy seriously becomes you.

Lathavijayakumar said...

so sweet your baby. y u dint post anything after this.

Delivery C-section Dubai said...

hi,,,
Teenage pregnancy is very danger for the the girl health it may have bad effect on health of patient. If some one give birth in teenage it can effect their future because study effect mental settlement effect can't mange their social life.

Damara said...

Lyla is adorable. I'm so happy for you and your family. Babies are definitely worth the wait (& the messy house).

Argumentative essay said...

So sweet baby i love him uuummmaaahhhh:)

Argumentative essay said...

So sweet baby i love him uuummmaaahhhh:)

Arvind Kumar said...

hey sooooooooooooo cute baby

How to last longer in bed said...

Great picture...


How to last longer in bed for men | How to last longer in bed

Shiimu Easmin said...

Looking nice mom & baby http://moneychek.blogspot.com/

Moncler Outlet Store said...

Doing it right in Zend framework takes some work but it's worth it