Saturday, January 17, 2009

Facebook Finer Points and The Plan


When my friend A. talked me into this Facebook thing, I joined with some hesitation. I was expecting lots of questions from the people of my past about how many kids we have and/or why the hell we haven't popped one out.

That's hasn't exactly been the case.

While most of the time I find Facebook rather amusing, I am astounded when I see someone much, much younger than me with kids who look like they're about to enter high school. At those moments, I force myself to push forward (without torturing myself with their photos), reminding myself that I thank God every day I did not procreate with the "Men of My 20s".

Moving onward with The Plan -

We have our baseline ultrasound scheduled for Monday at 11 a.m. L. has been educated in the finer points of mixing Menopur via phone. Nurse Nightingale was a little hesitant about this initially, insinuating that we may have to drive the 2 hours to the clinic to learn this "IVF skill". However, L. talked her into a phone course, and she ultimately said he did a "great job".

It's moments like these when I realize how far I have come - I would have been PETRIFIED about this kind of thing a few months ago, and my confidence has now grown to the point that surely if I can give myself injections, surely I can mix up some powder and saline with L's tutelage.

If all goes well with the ultrasound, we'll start stimming on Day 3 of my upcoming cycle.

Trying to stay hopeful...by the way, today's image is my attempt at positive visualization. This is our beautiful goal ahead!!!

11 comments:

Emily said...

Exciting!!! GL! GL! GL!

Jill said...

Oh how I love stimming. :) This is so exciting! You guys will be in my prayers...

((HUGS))

Megan said...

It's amazing how quickly the scary and intimidating can become common place. Happy Mixing!!!

Angelwingsbaby said...

I was so glad to see your comment on my blog and so glad that we will be able to be there for each other.((Hugs)) -Megan

Penny said...

I found the menopur the most complicated part, but still easy to get down to a routine. There may still be a visual tutorial at the CCRM website if you get confused at the last minute, and that was a help to me.

Here you go!

One Blessed Momma! said...

Good luck with the ultrasound and the positive attitude toward the injections. You are braver than I am :0)!!!

Faith said...

Hooray -- it's HERE!!! Loving the positive visualization.

Liz said...

Hope the stimming is stimulating.

Had to ban myself from facebook when I found the profile pic of an ex boyfriend with his two kids.

mommy of girls said...

Praying for you, doll...

Courtney said...

I have an appointment today also with the stirrups. This will probably sound weird, but I'll be thinking about you so far away hoping for good results (come on, there are some moments when you need to distract yourself ...!)
I hope the stimming will commence soon!

just me said...

Hope everything went well with the ultrasound this morning. (water glass lifted up)... Here's to keeping your eye (and your ovaries) on the goal. May your body cooperate and there be a beautiful baby!

Praying for you!!!