Monday, January 19, 2009

It's a Go...Today, Anyway


I'm still on the bandwagon, as of today. This cycle I am just realistic - my goal is just to hold onto the wagon and remain in the process as long as I can. Vanished is my idealistic self who used to believe that a girl could give herself a few shots, go through an egg retrieval and end up with a few embryos. I get it now - it's an accomplishment just to make it from one step to the next.

Baseline ultrasound and E2 levels indicate that we can move ahead, per Nurse Nightingale. The cyst is still present on my left ovary, but is the same size. No worries about it presently.

Now, I'm just waiting for Aunt Flo to appear. Meds will start on Day #3.

As is typical in IF Land, I am now waiting again and mentally preparing for the numerous (additional) questions that will no doubt arise in the next few days.

Ugh.

10 comments:

Jill said...

I'm excited and dreading our upcoming IVF cycle, all at the same time. It's just so exhausting, isn't it? :)

I'm praying for you...

((HUGS))

Lea said...

One step at a time can be so frustrating sometimes. I hope you make it all the way! I'll be thinking about you and sending good thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Be at peace with yourself.
I think it is good to be realistic.
Never forget that we are always blessed with wonderful surprises.
Love and embrace those around you.
Believe that there is a purpose in all this.

Megan said...

Congratulations on trying again. Good luck!

Penny said...

It sure would be nice if you got a bunch of positive news this cycle. Here's hoping.

Lauren said...

Your comments about the unpredictableness of the IVF process is really helpful to me, as I'm in the beginning stages of my first IVF. Your words are helping me be more realistic, rather than overly expectant. Obviously, I'm expectant and hopeful, but I guess two years of infertility and honest words from other people who've gone down this road are keeping me from being too optimistic. I guess it's a healthy dose of pessimism!

Liz said...

Oh the waiting... ughh inded.

Courtney said...

Good Luck!! Waiting sucks!!

Faith said...

Waiting makes us sooo tired. Here's hoping the waiting goes quickly for you!

LANIE said...

I am thinking only good thoughts sending prayers your way!! love, lanie