Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween 2008: Trick or Treat?


Halloween 2007 Flashback: L. & I passed out sweets to 50-75 Batmans, Princesses and Witches in our neighborhood. And, each and every time we threw a piece of chocolate into a child's orange, plastic jack-o-lantern, we happily thought that next year we would be pregnant or that we might have a little tiny baby of our own.

Flashforward to Halloween 2008: We will be traveling to the Clinic for yet another ultrasound in hopes that "the cyst" has disappeared into infinity. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the ultimate Halloween "Treat" would be permission from Dr. A. to start shooting up with the hundreds-of-dollars-worth-of hormones sitting in our fridge instead of just looking at them every time I pull out the purified water.

Amazing where a year can take you. I would have never in a million years thought that 2008 would bring us a real, live, fresh IVF cycle. Hell, I'm still not convinced it's going to bring us a real, live, fresh IVF cycle.

But, here's to hoping and praying.....please send us your positive vibes and prayers.

8 comments:

KandiB said...

Love the pac man eyes on your pumpkin, btw. Shrink, damn cyst, shrink!!

Jill said...

Praying for you!

I Believe in Miracles said...

As always, praying for you. I know exactly what you mean with not being convinced that it will happen. I'm praying that cyst will disappear and you will be all clear for go.
***HUGS***

LANIE said...

DON'T THINK NEGATIVE THOUGHTS, ONLY GOOD ONES. SOMETIMES I THINK OUR IVF DIDN'T WORK BECAUSE I WAS SO STRESSED OUT, SO TAKE A DEEP BREATHE AND RELAX.... SENDING LOVE YOUR WAY...LANIE

Hope2morrow said...

Happy Halloween! Cheers to a great ultrasound!

Jane G said...

Keeping everything crossed for you!

Lea said...

Sending tons of positive thoughts your way! Fingers crossed that your cyst goes away so you can get started!

Penny said...

Hope the u/s gives you all treats and no tricks.

re: your previous post - I cocooned up as well during my IVF cycle. I enjoyed it, actually. I felt I deserved only positive people around me at the time.