Friday, October 10, 2008

She's Back!!! (Well, Sort Of)


Well, she's at it again. My good friend A.F. is torturing me and delaying the next phase in this process. And, fortunately, I can depend on any of you out there wrestling with IF to refrain from those knowing, smiling looks that suggest, "Are you sure you're not pregnant?"

Please. Trust me, there is no way I'm with child, and after 24 months of this I think I would know. And, yes, we celebrated our second year of trying to conceive this week with 7 needles and a couple of bruises on my belly. Ahh, the memories we are creating!

Frankly, this is the first time in 24 months I hope I'm not pregnant. Of all months to be pregnant, that would be far from ideal after the drugs I've been pumping into my body for the last 10 days or so.

I've seen more needles in the past 10 days that I have in my entire life. Between Lupron injections and acupuncture twice a week, I'm actually starting to get used to this. (By the way, I totally recommend the acupuncture-needles-in-the-ear treatment. I actually beg my acupuncturist for it! Amazing how looped it makes me feel - and without the benefit of drugs - who knew?)

So, I'm just waiting....I guess I should be pretty good at that by now: waiting for the next cycle, waiting for the next injection, waiting for the first ultrasound, waiting for permission to start stimming....

And, A.F. is flying around somewhere on her broomstick cackling at me. Damn her.

5 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

I'm totally having the same problem. Darn AF!!!

Hope2morrow said...

If she's flying in on her broomstick, maybe you should be ready to grab all her candy. Ah!

I'm totally going to have to ask for the ear needle treatment. Sounds great! Thanks for the advice!

Liz said...

Damn her indeed. I'm not a massive fan of the needles in the ear thing but maybe I should be more zen about it to stop the flash backs to DIY ear piercing aged 14.

LANIE said...

In the end it will all be worth it, I know it will!!!!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.